Careers – Sheffied
At Turners we pride ourselves on having the very best people working within our business and being a family run business our team also have our passion and drive to provide the very best service and quality to our customers.
Below you’ll see the vacancies that we’re currently recruiting for, but we also welcome speculative applications from quality, experienced people wishing to join our team.
Main purpose of Job:
- To undertake repair work on all makes of motor vehicles in a safe and economical manner, achieving the highest-possible standards of workmanship.
- To work effectively within the Bodyshop team to ensure industry-leading standards of customer care and satisfaction are achieved at all times.
Key Objectives and Tasks:
- Ensure all work instructions are read and understood prior to commencing work, and the completed details are recorded accurately and in full.
- Ensure supplementary parts and labour requests orders are recorded and communicated.
- Ensure that the appropriate technical repair data is available and used for Structural Steel repairs, obtained from Thatcham e-scribe or manufacturer’s information.
- Ensure all work is carried out accurately and to the highest-possible quality standards, complying with safety directives. Report defects in equipment, repair processor and faults to the Workshop Controller.
- Ensure the correct tools, parts and materials are used on each job to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure correct protection for customer vehicles and contents before work commences, including the use of welding screens.
- Ensure that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times during repair process activities as per training.
- Ensure that the assigned workbay area is kept clean and items of displaced materials disposed of at the end of the process in order that another job can be accepted into the bay, and at the end of the working day.
- Successfully achieve weld certification assessment to BS4872 Part1 Mig & BS1140 Part2 Spot including AOM009, criteria on a 2 yearly basis.
- Meet work in progress deadlines as set by Workshop Controller and the General Manager and company repair process procedures.
Experience, Qualifications and Training:
- Thorough understanding through experience or training on the repair and body repairing techniques of vehicles to industry standards and customer requirements.
- Ability to manage and administer your time to achieve Company set parameters and efficiencies.
- Up-to-date knowledge of vehicle and consumer legislation and trade practices.
- Able to work within a team to achieve objectives and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Technical qualifications, Senior Panel Technician Accreditation, as required to carry out your duties in line with expectations.
- Excellent basic salary with time saved bonus
- 40 hours per week with some overtime
- Workplace pension
- Death in service insurance after 3 months service
Turners Accident Repair Ltd.