• To undertake workshop control of all vehicles in progress in a safe and thorough manner, achieving the highest-possible standards of workmanship with the minimum through put time.
• To work effectively with all the Bodyshop team departments to ensure industry-leading standards of customer care and satisfaction are achieved at all times.
Key accountabilities are:
• Ensure that customers are greeted in a professional manner, and the workshop controller formally introduces the company.
• Ensure that all customers’ data is effectively captured and recorded in a legible format onto the manual estimate sheet as required for the estimator.
• Ensure that the agreed repair and PAS125 Scope of Repair can be clearly described to the customer and the relevant insurance assessor.
• Communication with the customer is achieved and consistently recorded on the AutoFlow Comms. System against the relevant Job Details.
• Ensure that knowledge of Consumer Rights and documentation is available and up to date, in liaison with the company’s Trade Association.
• Have a full working knowledge of the skill set of all bodyshop department staff.
• Ensure that the Mod Board WIP Planner system is fully operational and up to date at all times, and the forward planned work requirements are clearly communicated to all Bodyshop staff.
• Assign vehicle repairs to the skill level of the relevant technicians.
• Have knowledge of vehicle repair methodology to manufacturers standards and is able to utilise Thatchams Escribe, Autodata or a Manufacturers Technical Data.
• Have knowledge of Manufacturers Vehicle Safety features and construction method, especially with regard to UHSS and Aluminium components.
• Ensure that the Job Card details are supplied with every vehicle brought into the Bodyshop, and that the vehicle is fitted with a vehicle protection kit.
• Ensure that the repair process stages are randomly monitored to ensure that all bodyshop staff are signing off the repairs as completed.
• Ensure that the technicians are utilising the Autoflow management system by clocking onto and of allocated jobs at each stage of the repair processes.
• Ensure that all technicians are aware of the need to utilise the formal process of reporting supplementary parts or labour requirements, and reporting the details correctly.
• Be aware of current business processes and suggest improvements to increase efficiency and service.
You will have experience of working within the motor trade with a proven track record of delivering results whilst motivating and coaching a large team. In return you can expect an excellent benefits package, Company pension. You will also be able to access some of the industry’s leading training and development opportunities.
Working Hours are Monday to Friday and Saturday on a rota basis.